30 years of experience but as dynamic as a start-up, Solab is one of the longest established IT services, business training & software development companies in Scotland. Based in Aberdeen, we bring knowledge, experience and expertise to the market and we proudly celebrated our 30th anniversary this year.
We provide vital IT Support, networking, Virtual IT Manager, helpdesk and software development services to a wide range of clients across Scotland.
Onboard Tracker, our highly successful SaaS Crew Management Software now tracks people in over 50 countries and helps ensure that tens of thousands of Energy and Marine workers are Planned, Mobilised, Trained and Safe.
GREAT TECH, GREAT CLIENTS AND GREAT PEOPLE!
The Senior Software Product Manager/ Business Analyst will support the founders to shape the product vision and strategy, take new product and enhancements from conception to launch and oversee future product design for our fast growing SaaS based, multi-tenant software platform.
Working with our clients, implementation teams and developers you will research markets, generate ideas, collaborate, co-ordinate and commercialise.
SENIOR SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER/BUSINESS ANALYST
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years of Software Product Management/BA experience with proven success
- Have excellent Agile software life cycle experience
- Have strong analytical and software skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- You must have excellent English skills, both oral and written and a relevant IT or Product Management Business Degree / experience
- Be adaptable and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Domain knowledge of Energy, Marine, Renewables or highly regulated industries
- Knowledge of offshore certification, competence and personnel logistics planning
- Database and PowerBI skills
- Previous experience in a SaaS software role
- Wireframe production
- Microsoft Azure Devops
- Based in North East Scotland
- A strong work ethic and desire to complete works to a high standard
- Must enjoy deep-diving into technical topics, sharing your knowledge with co-workers and the community
- A quick and keen learner of new technologies and tools
- Effective interpersonal communication and strong problem solving skills – excellent at communicating to external and internal teams
- Strong attention to detail and task ownership skills
- Capable of quickly learning business processes
- Enjoy working and socialising in a team
- Strong communication, business and technical skills that allow you to liaison with sales, marketing and technology teams as well as customers, users and management
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills with the ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Well-organised and a self-starter, having the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Understands the business implications of decisions, the capabilities and limitations of technology
- Ability to distil abstract ideas into detailed requirements
- Collaborate to determine customer/business needs and desires
- Distil feature ideas from epics into user stories, collaborating with technology teams to determine acceptance criteria
- Maintain and prioritise backlog
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to design and prototype new products and features
- Provide knowledge and understanding of product and feature goals to technology teams while they develop and test to your designs
- Provide knowledge and understanding of product and feature to other stakeholders
- Work alongside technical writers to create high quality documentation
- Contribute to product vision and roadmap
- Accept/sign-off stories
- Define non-functional requirements
- Working in a collaborative Agile environment with multi-disciplined teams
- Canvassing users and customers for feedback
- Defining features and distilling them into requirements, such as epics and user stories, and defining acceptance criteria
- Experience with defining and building software products
You must have a right to work in the UK and there will be no sponsorship for this position.
Send your CV and a cover letter that makes you stand out to [email protected].