30 years of experience but as dynamic as a start-up, Solab is one of the longest established IT services, business training & software development companies in Scotland. Based in Aberdeen, we bring knowledge, experience and expertise to the market and we proudly celebrated our 30th anniversary this year.
We provide vital IT Support, networking, Virtual IT Manager, helpdesk and software development services to a wide range of clients across Scotland.
Onboard Tracker, our highly successful SaaS Crew Management Software now tracks people in over 50 countries and helps ensure that tens of thousands of Energy and Marine workers are Planned, Mobilised, Trained and Safe.
GREAT TECH, GREAT CLIENTS AND GREAT PEOPLE!
The Software Support Specialist will sit within the Onboard Tracker Implementation team – assisting with Project Support, Support tickets and Software administrative tasks. A full role and person specification is provided overleaf.
Software Support Specialist
Key responsibilities will include:
SOFTWARE & IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT
- Attend remote and face to face service reviews with clients to ensure continued support, training and demonstrate new product features.
- Supporting the Implementation Team with duties such as performing data analysis, data uploads to the system, rota building and creating Training and Competence Matrices.
- Assist the Implementation Team with client support for both new and established clients, prioritising, and processing OBT support tickets in line with Service Line Agreements.
- Administrative support for the Implementation Team.
- Minute taking and creation of action task lists during both internal and client meetings.
- Supporting the Development and Implementation Team in testing new system functionality.
- Provide feedback and ideas to ensure the system is moving forward and we are delivering the best service and product to our clients.
- Scope client requirements and create ‘user stories’ for Development Team.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have experience or good understanding of working within the Oil & Gas Industry in a Training, Competence and/or Personnel Logistics role.
- Be highly IT literate and confident in picking up new systems and processes.
- Database experience.
- Highly organised and excellent attention to detail.
- Professional, friendly, and approachable with a can-do attitude.
- Strong Excel Skills
- Software testing experience
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Enjoys working part of a team.
- High levels of knowledge and experience of Competence Systems, Frameworks, Assessment & Verification Processes
- Power BI Skills/Experience
- Have a background in client facing roles
- Experience in a software production environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Software Business Analysis experience
- Flexible Working Hours
- Potential Hybrid / Work from Home Opportunities
- Team/Social Nights & Events
- Gain training and skills in a fast moving and vibrant software company
You must have a right to work in the UK and there will be no sponsorship for this position.
Send your CV and a cover letter that makes you stand out to [email protected].